Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blog post #4

different podcast channels
Podcasting

Hi my name is Byronn Brye and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. Reading about podcasting was very interesting in many different ways. Podcasting is a great learning tool to use in classrooms for students. For me, it is a great way to get my point across by being able to speak,  rather than write. The power of the voice far outweighs writing things down on paper. Listenig to your own voice really makes information stick in your head. Podcasting, as I seen in the video is great how it grabs the attention of the entire classroom. In my podcast, I  will surely have some great music playing in the background to grab the attention of my audience. The smartboard would also make a great tool to use in my podcast assignment. Seeing how affective these learnig tools were in making a good podcast, I can't wait to get started on mine.

2 comments:

  1. "Podcasting, as I seen in the video ..." saw not seen

    "Seeing how affective these learnig tools..." effective, not affective; learning not learnig

    The assignment requires that you read three of the videos or blogs recommended, identify them, provide links to them, summarize them and comment upon them. You do none of these things. Unsatisfactory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Byronn,



    You have some good thoughts about the videos that we watched last week. However, you did not mention anything about what videos you watched. It is important to list these videos/sources into your blog because readers need to know what video you are talking about and where you get you information from.



    For example, if I read your blog post and did not know the assignment already, I would be totally lost. Since you did not list the videos you watched, readers could type in the word "video" on google and relay your message in a totally different context.



    I do believe that you have the right mind set about what we learned. My challenge for you is include more details about each video and link the websites. This will make your fourth blog post more understandable to future bloggers.



    One grammatical error I saw was "...as I seen in the video is great how it grabs the attention of the entire classroom." The word seen should be saw in this sentence. Also, in my opinion I would use the word "because" instead of "how." I believe using the word because would explain the point you are making more directly.



    Remember that we are only six weeks into the semester. Also, remember that your classmates and the EDM 310 staff are here to help you. You have time to make corrections and improve your blog into the best that it can be! Stay focused!



    Amy Archer

    ReplyDelete