Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blog Post #5

Who is Scott McLeod
Scott McLeod,JD,PHD, is an Assoicate Professor of Educational Leadership at the University of Kentucky. Dr. McLeod is also the Founding Director of the UCEA Center for the Advanced. Reading Dr.McLeod's blog post makes me realize even more one how important learning computers has become in our everyday lives. He is telling parents not to teach technology to there kids so his kids can be one step ahead in the game of life. For a while as I read his post I was thinking to my self who is this nut case. The closer I got to the middle of his post I realized that he was being sarcastic. There are a lot of parents that don't like there kids on the computer because they think there kids will be exposed to some of the bad things on the Internet. I don't think that is a good enough reason not to let your kids play wit the Internet. All though there is a lot of sites that are not appropriate for kids to be involved with. Most of the sites on the Internet are things that kids will be faced with in real life situations. I'm on Dr.LcLeod side because I agree with kids learning computers so that they won't be left behind.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Byronn!
    I agree that students should be taught how to operate computers so they will be better prepared for the future. However, I noticed a few grammatical errors in your post. It might help to proofread your writing before posting it online. It would also be a good idea to have another classmate or friend to read over your post in the future. Also, you did not have a picture or any links in your posts. Pictures and links help your readers understand what you are discussing in your posts, so try to include them next time.

    Laura Ellenburg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Byron,
    Hi! My name is Lindsay Curtis, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama, in Mobile, Alabama. I am a Health Education major, and this semester I am taking a class called EDM 310. In this class, we learn about and use all kinds of technology in the classroom. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. Technology is shaping the way we live and learn! I am excited to see how advanced technology will be in the next 20 years. I think that students should be encouraged to use computers because they will have to use them for practically everything in the future! Thanks for your post!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Byronn,
      I am sorry about my post! haha. I was thinking I was going my C4K!!! I am sorry! Great post though!

      Delete