Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blog Post #4

 two children podcasting a boy an a girl with a laptop computer
Podcasting is a great way of learning, because you can record what a teacher is lecturing on and play it back over and over again. Podcasting helps students when they are out of school for long periods of time due to illness or any kind of problem. Teachers can talk to there students about assignments or have debates through podcasting as well. Podcasting is a grat way for students and teachers to build a very strong learning environment. Through such technology parents can also follow up on there children at anytime to see how they are doing in there studies.

In the benefits of podcasting in the classroom
I think it is a great thing to have going on in a classroom. There are alot of great benefits from podcasting in my eyes. By me being a parent and a education major i can benefit from podcasting in lots of positive ways.

1st graders Create Their Own-Read-Along Audio book
Podcasting helps with a lot of problems that come about in classrooms. This keeps a healthy relationship between teachers, students, and parents. The students also enjoy following along listing to the voice of there priors reading to them verses the teachers voice.

2 comments:

  1. "Teachers can talk to there students..." there should be their
    "By me being a parent and a education major i can benefit from podcasting in lots of positive ways." Four mistakes in this sentence. 1) Since I am - not by me being. 2) an education not a education... 3) Capitalize I. 4) Better to say in a number of ways than in lots of positive ways. Note that positive is not necessary since you use benefit which implies a positive result.

    "Podcasting helps with a lot of problems that come about in classrooms. This keeps a healthy relationship between teachers, students, and parents. The students also enjoy following along listing to the voice of there priors reading to them verses the teachers voice." This paragraph does not make sense to me. What problems? What does "This" in the second sentence refer to (we call what it refers to as its antecedent)? Next sentence: "listing" should be listening. But I do not understand "there priors". In any case there should be their. And I do not understand "verses the teachers voice". Perhaps this is what you meant: The children also enjoy listening to the voices of their peers rather than listening to the teacher read. I am just guessing, but it seems a reasonable guess.

    We have no idea of what you read or watched to reach these conclusions. Reread the instructions on Writing A Quality Blog Post.

    This is unsatisfactory. I strongly suggest that you attend Carly's workshop on Thursday of this week (6:00 in the Lab).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Byronn, I think podcasting is a wonderful educational tool for teachers, students, and parents. It can be used for any subject, therefore; any teacher can use podcast as a learning tool in their classroom.A podcast can be used to convey a lesson for a student who must be absent. I think it is great that podcast can be used to keep parents informed on what their children are doing in school. Pocdasting covers the higher levels of thinking in Bloom's Taxonomy.I love how the children responded so positively to learning in this way. I am excited to be a part of making a podcast with our groups. When I was looking over your blog, I saw that you have two children and a wife that is also a student. Your family life must be quite hectic. In the interest of peer review, I just want to let you know that you don't have any links for where your information came from, or alt and title modifiers for your pictures. I would like someone to let me know when I am doing something wrong, so I am trying to extend that same courtesy. I am not always grammatically correct or proficient in blog post, but I will help if I can. Please email me if you have any questions. hoguestephanie9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete