Sunday, April 22, 2012

Creativity and Curiosity: My Thoughts- Special Post #12A

Why am I not curious and how do we start to become curious? Being curious is a habit that people are born with. Most younger children are very curious and don't even realize it. They walk around touching everything they see and also ask lots of questions. We as adults need to get back to doing some of the same things. We need to understand that learning is all about asking questions and making mistakes.

Why should we model this behavior? In life being curious is how we've learned things. If we had never touched a hot object how would we know that it hurts. Also if we were to afraid to make a mistake how would we learn to correct things. Curiosity plays a very important role in being a great educator.

Why don't students pay attention or follow instructions? Sometimes students don't follow instructions because the teacher can be very boring. In order to make a lesson plan stick to the students it should be something in the plan that is exciting. We as educators have to get our points across in a more lively fashion. Just remember that your students curiosity is only as good as the instructor imagination.

What do we doubt about it? I feel I can sometimes be very curious person. My only down fall is that I have to be more open in my assignments. Understand that sometimes you have to dare your self to be different. Know that you have to be a risk taker and not so conservative all the time.
smiley face with the word Curious wrote under it

2 comments:

  1. "Why am I not courios ..." curious not courios

    "What do we doubt about it? I feel I can sometimes be very courios person." do about it not doubt it, curious not courios

    "... you have to dare your self to be diferent." different not diferent

    PROOFREAD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed it sorry. Thank you for everything!

    ReplyDelete